I love you RAIN or SHINE

Welcome back!  It's time for another weekly sketch challenge from MFT Stamps.  For those that don't know about MFT Stamps or their challenges, head on over to their blog.  This week brought some changes for MFT.  The challenges used to be hosted on a separate site, but they are now on the main blog.  To find the challenges, I recommend using the search feature.  There are three challenges: a weekly sketch challenge, a color challenge, and a birthday challenge.  The sketch challenge is posted every wednesday at noon EDT.  The color challenge is posted every second and fourth thursday of every month.  The birthday project challenge is posted once a month.  For this sketch challenge, you can find the details here.

Now on to my card entry!  Here it is, all finished.


This is the actual sketch for this challenge.  Looks a little different than my card.  All I did was rotate the sketch 180 degrees to put the rectangle element on the opposite side and put the banner at the bottom.  Don't be afraid to play with the sketches!  They are there to inspire creativity.  That rectangle doesn't have to be paper or even two layers of paper.  It could be one layer.  It could be an oval or two.  It could even be stamped images that just cover that area.  


For my card, I chose to turn the rectangular element into a shaker element.  Mainly, I just didn't want to cover up all of that pretty paper!  I found the paper in a local craft store and knew I wanted to use it with the MFT Stamps Rain or Shine stamp set.  




I picked the colors for my stamped image based on the colors in the patterned paper.  Here's the list of copic colors I used to color the girl with the umbrella:

  • umbrella: G28, G46, G24, BG49, BG57, BG15
  • hair: E41, E42, E44, E89; hair-tie: R37
  • skin: E51, E31, E34
  • raincoat: Y35, Y15, Y13, Y11, RV29, R37, R35
  • pants: BG49, BG57, BG15
  • boots: Y38, Y35, Y13, 100, C7, C5


For the shaker, I made a frame using two dies from the Inside & Out Stitched Rectangle STAX dienamics by MFT.  However, I wanted a frame that was a bit narrower than the dies actually cut, so I did two partial cuts and some magic to make the frame the width I wanted for the card.  It's super easy, especially with the stitches to line up the dies for the second partial cut.



I adhered the frame to a piece of acetate and trimmed off the excess.  After placing my foam adhesive around the frame, I added a mix of yellow and iridescent sequins along with aqua and pale aqua seed beads and attached it to the front of card.  Then I added my brightly colored girl and sentiment banner to complete the card. 


Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!  Take the time to play with a challenge, especially if it inspires you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Double Challenge Birthday Card

The next 30 Day Coloring Challenge by the Daily Marker

Catching Snowflakes card