Here for You - MFT Sketch Challenge #440

Hi Everyone!  Time for another sketch challenge from MFT.  Here's my card for the sketch:


This is what the sketch looks like.  You can also view the challenge here.


Originally I thought the sketch would make a cute Christmas card.  I could easily see the circles as ornaments hanging down.  But I saw someone else had a similar idea so I wanted to do something different.  So I rotated the design 90 degrees to the left and then flipped it so the sentiment strip would be a banner hanging down.

I decided to use the MFT stamp set Meant to Bee.  I thought the lines to the circles could be the dotted lines of the bee's flight and the circles could be the bees.  I ended up only using two of the bees so I used the dotted heart as the middle circle.


For the background, I decided to make it look like the honeycomb inside a beehive.  I grabbed my custom made honeycomb stencil and two distress oxide inks: squeezed lemonade and mustard seed.  To make it look like a honeycomb, I choose kraft paper for the base and applied the squeezed lemonade ink over the stencil with a sponge applicator.  I went back over the stencil with the mustard seed using a sponge dauber, applying it just to the bottom edge of each hexagon.  To add depth to the honeycomb, I added a blend of Prismacolor Premier pencils in dark brown (946), chocolate (1082), light umber (941), and jasmine (1012) to the bottom edge and sand (940) to the top edge.



The banner was a little tricky and required some creative masking with a touch of patience to create.  The sentiment "I'll Always Bee Here For You" is on one line.  Since I turned the sketch, the sentiment strip became a vertical banner so I had to stamp one word at a time.  It's tricky but doable with washi tape.  I used the same kraft paper as the base so I inked the edge of the banner with a dark brown to help it stand out from the background.


Thanks for visiting and taking a look at my newest creation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Double Challenge Birthday Card

The next 30 Day Coloring Challenge by the Daily Marker

Catching Snowflakes card