Another card for the MFT Sketch Challenge #440!

Sketches are great inspiration or wonderful springboards when your crafty mojo is low.  So occasionally a sketch will give me multiple ideas.  I love that, when sketches can inspire different ideas.  Here's my second card using the MFT Sketch Challenge #440.


I love the versatility of the Stitched Flowers dienamics from MFT.  I've used them in a couple of other cards and always love how they look.  Plus, this card ended up with very little stamping using mostly die cuts and one stamped sentiment.

This time I used the flowers for the circles and the stems as the lines to the circles by rotating the sketch 180 degrees to put the sentiment strip at the top.  Here's another look at the sketch.


Recently I purchased the tiny check paper pack from MFT and I just love the look of gingham!  So I was eager to use the paper for this card.  I thought it would make a nice background without being too busy.  Another recent addition to my stash was the Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edged Frames dienamics which I could see as a perfect frame for my flowers. 



I wanted to flowers to pop off the card so I tucked the stems behind the frame but had the left and right flowers overlap the frame and raised them using pop dots.  As a finishing touch, I added white buttons, an old favorite embellishment, as the flower centers.  



And such a happy looking card is paired perfectly with "A Million Thanks" from the Essential Sentiments stamp set from MFT to make a clean and simple Thank You card.  To really make the sentiment pop, I stamped it in versamark watermark ink and heat embossed it with detail white embossing powder.  The banner was created using two different sentiment strips: the longer fishtail banner from Blueprints 27 and the sentiment strip with the stitched ends from Blueprints 29.


 Thanks for looking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Double Challenge Birthday Card

The next 30 Day Coloring Challenge by the Daily Marker

Catching Snowflakes card