A sketch for Father's Day

A new sketch is up on the MFT blog and I thought it would be perfect for a Father's Day card!


Let's be honest.  Masculine cards can be so hard to make sometimes.  Not all guys like the cute, cartoon stamps of people or adorable animals on their cards, as I have found out personally.  So how do you make a card a guy will like?

For this card, it started with the paper.  I loved the colors and the arrangement of the triangles.  So maybe your guy would like a geometric card?  The MFT sketch challenge #441 is perfect for a geometric card design.


I used the Inside & Out Stitched Square STAX dienamics to make a stitched frame out of dark blue and a stitched square out of light blue, trying to match to the patterned paper I chose.  Next I cut 'DAD' from the coordinating dienamincs for the All About Dad stamp set.  For the letters, I chose a dark teal to help the letters stand out from the blue.  Lastly, I added a banner sentiment strip in the same dark teal with a sentiment from the More Essential Sentiments stamp set.

Thanks for taking a look!  Hope you have a wonderful, crafty day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Double Challenge Birthday Card

The next 30 Day Coloring Challenge by the Daily Marker

Catching Snowflakes card