Happy Birthday Fishes card

It's been a while since I had time to work on a card or a challenge.  Thankfully, a few days ago I had some extra time to play in my craft room and was inspired by the current My Favorite Things sketch challenge #430.  I ended up with the cute birthday card pictured here.  


Here's the sketch for the challenge.  I decided to turn the design 90 degrees but kept the card layout in portrait.  


I replaced the hearts with fish from the Gillfriends stamp set.  I didn't want all of the fish going in the same direction but I did want them to be roughly the same size.  I choose the angelfish, the blowfish, and the one I call a fighting fish.  

Using Distress Oxide inks in Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Faded Jeans, and Chipped Sapphire, I blended the colors on white paper from light to dark to create an ocean depth.  To add movement, I placed a Wave stencil from Memory Box on the paper and blended Broken China over the Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans over Broken China, and Chipped Sapphire over Faded Jeans and the first layer of Chipped Sapphire.  


 

Here are the copic colors I used for each fish:
  • Angelfish: 100, C7, C5, C3, C1, C0, Y11, Y00, Y000
  • Blowfish: E30, E00, E000, E89, E47, YG21, Y11, Y000, white pencil on the spikes
  • Fighting Fish: RV17, RV04, RV02, V04, V17, BV08
I added some Nuvo drops in Sea Breeze to simulate air bubbles coming up from the fish.



For the sentiment, I die cut the word, HAPPY, from Happy Greetings die-namics out of a dark blue cardstock that matched Chipped Sapphire and glued the letters on the card in a vertical arrangement.  Then I stamped "SENDING" from the "SENDING HUGS" sentiment in the Birdie Brown Sentiments stamp set above HAPPY and the "birthday FISHES" sentiment from the Gillfriends stamp set below.


Thanks for taking a look!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Double Challenge Birthday Card

The next 30 Day Coloring Challenge by the Daily Marker

Catching Snowflakes card