Current MFT Card Challenge #376

Time for another MFT stamps sketch challenge!  As always, the challenge requires at least one MFT stamps product.  Since I recently purchased the Raving Raccoons stamp set from a Facebook de-stash group, I thought it would be the perfect time to use it.  

Here's my finished card, which I managed to get done with just 12 hours to spare.


Now on to the card sketch.  I knew I wanted to use the raccoons.  I also spotted a piece of white polka dot on black paper on my craft desk that I thought would look great with the raccoon.  So I placed those to one side along with a pre-cut card base.  Lately I have been on a trend of using  light aqua, dark aqua and red together.  It's a great combo for winter cards too. I had scraps on those colors waiting to be put away so I thought I'd use those as well for this card.
MFT stamps card sketch #376

So using the elements in the design, I decided to 'bend' things a bit.  I used the broader curve in the stitched basic edges die-namics and the matching curve in the stitched scallop basic edges die-namics to create my background pieces.  In keeping with the scallop edge, I used my stitched circle scallop edge frames die-namics for the circle element, cutting one in a darker aqua and one in white.  


Next, I stamped one of the raccoons and both flowers from the stamp set onto the inner white circle.  Then I colored the scene with Copic markers.  Here's what I used:

  • Raccoon - (brown face and stripes) E89, E44, E43, (black mask, hands, feet, and stripes) 100, C7, C5, (white face) T2, T1, (shirt) BG49, BG15, BG13, BG05, BG02
  • Flowers - R29, R24, Y35, G29
  • Grass - YG17, YG25, YG03
  • Sky - BG000
Now originally I had colored the shirt with BG49, BG15, and BG13 but it came out more green than blue.  It didn't quite match the aqua colors of the cardstock.  So I went over it with BG05 and BG02 to get a better match.  It worked out pretty well.



I added the sentiment "You Always Bring a Smile to My Face" by stamping it on red cardstock and using the fishtail banner die with a stitched end from MFT's Blueprints #27.  The actually die was longer than I needed so I cut once, stamped the sentiment closer to the fishtail end, then die cut again to shorten it.  It is much more appealing without all that extra blank space.  This technique works for most banner dies and shape dies.  

With everything cut, stamped, and colored, it was time to assemble the card.  All in all, I'm really happy with how it turned out!  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Double Challenge Birthday Card

The next 30 Day Coloring Challenge by the Daily Marker

Catching Snowflakes card